Monday, March 11

i unplugged my computer after my first post. i was going to move to my new office! i had it all planned out! i am a modern woman! ahhh...no. first, i call the only computer guy here that knows anything. it just so happens that he is also part of a rare few that is interested in actually helping me, so these are two very good qualities. turns out he KNOWS what to do, and he even TELLS ME! i call the right guy, its all lined up. all i need to do is move my computer. when i start this it soon becomes clear that THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I AM MOVING THAT DAMN MONITOR MYSELF! I swear it weighs more that me! hopes crushed. i have to ask for help. if there is one thing i have learned here, NEVER ASK FOR HELP. you will immediately be sent on a whirlwind of redirection and mis-information. it is a speed race to simultaneously hang up the phone and reverse any incremental work load increase that may occur from words already spoken. so what did i do? i plugged my computer back in. i will be here for awhile, in fact i may never leave.