Thursday, January 30

Thanks to everyone who put yankee hotel foxtrot on their “best-of” lists. This is truly wilco’s best – I’ve never liked them before.

In other news…it’s a wonderful feeling when you can finally describe with words the “general” feelings you have about something. Well, this weekend, I put my finger on one more reason why I don’t like hippies. One thing that hippies do is “give everything a chance.” Everything is good, and no one view is better than another, so who’s to say? Well, this view removes all credibility from what the person really does like and therefore what defines their personality. If you really don’t have an opinion about anything (or if you “like” everything), you’re probably pretty boring. My guess is you have an opinion, but saying it goes against whatever stereotype you’ve picked for yourself. Which is worse.