Thursday, March 3

Im engaged in a power struggle with the custodian in my building. I put the free tampons in the stall, I put a little stack so they are there when I remember I need one. I dont like to re-zip, re-buckle, go back out to the dispensor, and start over. I like them in the stall with me. She likes them in the base of the tampon machine, the way it would look if the machine worked, the machine contained tampons on the inside, you put a quarter in, and you turned the knob. She feels this is their proper place, so she takes them out of the stall and puts them back in the dispenser. I take them out of the dispenser and put them back in the stall. Once she came to my office and asked if I was having my period. It was just like that. While emptying my trash she says "Are you having your period?" I almost choked. She tells me the tampons are in the dispenser, I can just take one from the dispensor if I need one. But you see, I can never remember to do that. It is simply a mental block, I walk into the bathroom, right past that damn dispenser every time. Its just the principal of it. Im going to win this damn power struggle.