Monday, August 23

pardon all of the melancholy in this post. it's due to a combination of things. the parents leaving always makes me sad since i live so far away, its been too long since dinner at my parents house on sunday nights. or my mom stopping by to buy me plants and re-arrange the furniture. this weekend, she brought to my attention there was not one single drink coaster in the entire house, i hadn't noticed. then we went to buy coasters. this weekend we talked about where me might go when dave finishes his phd. i've always wanted to leave, that has always been an issue for us, i feel to far away from everyone. but there is so much to do here, nowhere in the country could possibly compare. we have been sailing and snowboarding on two consecutive weekends. we have driven to half moon bay on a motorcycle, bought two live crabs, strapped them to the back, and driven home. i love the stretch of road from the golden gate to the little lunch place in stinson beach. i love saks fifth avenue, and what i love more about saks fifth avenue is neiman marcus across the street. i love baseball games on a worknight. i love the fillmore and the bottom of the hill. i love that you can walk the entire length of san francisco in a day. i love yosemite. nothing compares.

maybe the problem is this album. it reminds me of fall and makes me want sunday afternoon with overcast skies and a fire in the fireplace.