Friday, September 6

and again, the friday five

1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Why?
in the apartment when we moved in was a very old freezer, it was one of those "ice box" types, with a layer of frost two inches thick on every surface. the landlord said he would replace it before we moved in, and that was an absolute requirement for me. he didnt, of course, it took another month or so, but in the meantime i had to endure my biggest most pronounced and dramatic pet-peeve, which is the sound and feeling of something rubbing against the frost. a dull slow scrapping, dragging and burning my eardrums. god i hate that sound. its kind of like eating malt balls, which i hate for the same reason.
2. What irritating habits do you have?
i pick pick pick at my cuticles. its a nervous habit and ive been doing it for years.
3. Have you tried to change the irritating habits or just let them be?
ive tried to stop, using solar oil helps a lot. i cant stop though, i would if i thought that there was real harm in it, besides making my fingers unattractive.
4. What grosses you out more than anything else? Why?
i had to get a bunch of shots before going to africa last summer, and i absolutely lucked out because they had just recently released malarone, an alternative to larium, the anti-malaria pill taken every day. well, aparantly larium casues a whole lot of problems like hallucinations. me...in africa - the bug populous of the world...hallucinating bugs on me, maybe even seeing them on my skin, while i sleep, under my skin...crazy...bugs everywhere..help. that, to me, is the grossest thing imaginable.
5. What one thing can you never see yourself doing that other people do?
i dont know why anyone would sky-dive, or bungee jump, or anything like that. i dont even like flying. maybe im afraid of heights?