Monday, August 19

i started keeping this web log in march after the funding was canceled on the very important project i was working on. there was a three week period where i spent hours and hours doing absolutely nothing. when i started this, i told only one of my friends, hi jess. my boyfriend doesn’t know about it, at first because I wanted to talk about him. now that just seems unnatural, so my reason has become fear that he will confirm just how boring it is. my closest friends, or the people in my life who would benefit the most from this sort of daily (ok, weekly) internet update (rant) of mine, don’t know because I wanted it to develop on its own. I am the girl at the cocktail party with the crooked pearls and the silent smirk. I am the talbots-girl gone bad. Like the cocktail party, where my snide remarks fill only the closest ear, I am not the center of attention. This is some kind of extension of my own personality, nurtured, in time, over many many cocktail parties.