Wednesday, February 5

the other day, while wasting time at work, I explored around the internet looking at friend's picture pages. i was surprised at how many have pictures from the big san Francisco anti-war rally over MLK weekend. I’m surprised at how many friends of mine are dramatically “anti-war.” I suppose one could take the stance to never support war, no matter what the circumstances, but if that’s not the case why isn’t this war good enough? While Colin Powell’s speech this morning didn’t produce a grand-finale “smoking gun,” (nor was it supposed to) it seems plain to me that iraq has WMD. And I believe a country that uses these offensively should not be allowed to freely do what it wants. What is wrong with that? Why is that not a good thing? I don’t think Bush should go to war if the country is not behind him, but it seems to me like we really should be.