Thursday, August 26

strolled into work around 10:30 this morning. thank you gub'ment. things are either pouring down, or dead as dirt. and right now we are in the dirt phase. most of the people working on my project are pulled away on other things, or on their summer vacation. there is not much for me to do. i've spent the entire week thinking about one single equation, and listening to this album on repeat. this album will forever remind me of solving equations. my favorites always remind me of something in particular since i tend to find one and stick with it for awhile.

  • yoshimi - the long commute back to san francisco
  • yhf / elephant - painting the house last summer (that was a big job, so there are two)
  • tigermilk - passing through narrow channels on a sailboat in the bvi during our honeymoon. such a great album too, i picked well for that.
the equations will cause problems in my brain since i feel such a strong pull by the postal service album to think of rainy days and falling in love. lounging on the couch, fire burning in the fireplace, thunder stormes outside, and a linear algebra text book. romance, romance. oddly, i think these may have been the conditions when my husband and i first fell in love. exept replace linear algebra with this evil text.