Tuesday, February 18

My valentines dinner was spent with dave and my father and step-mother. I enjoyed saying “government…issued…valentine” while moving arms and legs like a robot all weekend. I have never been a big fan of the enforced celebration of love, it must date back to being single feeling left out on top of being depressed about whoever I loved that didn’t love me back. Regardless, this year dave made me whole-wheat chocolate-chip oat-bran pancakes in the shape of “I heart you,” which was wonderful. my birthday in November, Christmas in December, his birthday in January, and now our getting engaged in January, I certainly don’t need valentines day. And I like this new government-mandated-love routine, so ill take that instead. And presents made with dried macaroni. (which reminds me, the dog ate my valentines macaroni present last year!) anyway, this ring has him off the hook in the present department for a good-couple of holidays.