Friday, October 25

god, am i depressing. im saying that as a statement, not a question. the executive search is turning out to be more difficult than oh, here you go, sit back, here's a popsicle, we'll do all the work. oh! look at that, a job. here take this nice job. oh, i'll wait, while you finish your popsicle.

its not so bad. my boss admitted to me today that i had nothing to do for the rest of the afternoon (he said this at 9am), somehow it made me feel better. it took away the guilt. i am still trying to entertain myself. ive got a pretty good weekend planned. mason jennings tonight, sailing tomorrow afternoon followed by some giants opening up the can tomorrow night. (the can of whoop-ass, for those not in the know) then sunday, a sunset dance party on the bay. some annual halloween boat party, it can actually turn out to be quite fun.

in the meantime...the friday five

1. What is your favorite scary movie?
this question is ambiguous. favorite can mean scariest scary movie, or can mean the scary movie i hold closest to my heart. in the absence of time constraints, i will answer both. scariest: blair witch project. good god, holy mother, that movie had me tightening the straps of my hoodie to a quarter sized circle for one eye. i thought i might have to leave, i was scared like i was actually there. closest to my heart: the original halloween. michael myers, don di di don di di don di…i don’t know why my mom let me watch that movie in fourth grade, but it is still my favorite

2. What is your favorite Halloween treat?
treat? like candy? my favorite candy is twizzlers. my favorite treat is not technically candy.

3. Do you dress up for Halloween? If so, describe your best Halloween costume.
yes, halloween is up there on my favorite holidays list. In college my two roomates and I tried to do costumes of trinity’s. the most offensive was freshman year, the divine trinity god, jesus, and the holy ghost. I was the holy ghost. What does the holy ghost wear? You as? Beats me. I certainly wasn’t going to wear a sheet, so I wore an odd collection of different things including budweiser suspenders. sophomore year it was earth, wind, and fire. i was earth. i wore 80% blue, 20% green. the trinities fizzled out after that. because, next i was a goth, a fond memory recalled here

4. Do you enjoy going to haunted houses or other spooky events?
oh yes.

5. Will you dress up for Halloween this year?
yes. halloween in the castro totally gay. totally pockets full of beer.