Monday, November 11

friday morning it rained like 3pm in a georgia july, this being california where it hasn’t rained since may, it was one accident after another on the morning commute, plus a good deal of flooding. it took me two hours and a whole lot of yelling at the windshield to get to work by 9am in time for a meeting i had scheduled for weeks. the guy, who I will refer to as “fuckhead,” took no less than one month of my emails, phone messages, my bosses emails, phone messages, post-its on his monitor, his boss's emails, and phone messages to even respond to me regarding this meeting. (now, to fully emphasize the point of this post –to further document where, exactly, you, the reader, are spending your tax dollars, save my canadian readers, of course – i must give some background) this meeting was for HIS benefit. fuckhead needed someone to work on HIS project, doing just the kind of thing i know how to do. when i finally heard from him, i wrote nice things such as “friday 9am sounds great. i will come to your office, let me know if i can, since I have only the minimum clearance” to which i got typical fuckhead responses such as “Friday 9am. ~fuckhead” so what happens when i finally arrive friday morning? not only can I not get to his office, since i don’t have the fucking proper clearance, but he is not answering his phone, cell phone, lab phone or any fucking phone. i stomp back to my office in the rain, am so mad i could just explode. am planning all the rude things i will say IF he ever tries to get in touch with me again, which i am sure he will not. and VOW to not meet with him, not join his project, not invite a world of pain into my life. well what do you know. fuckhead writes me this email today: “Sorry we missed each other on Friday. Can we reschedule for Thur or Friday?” are you fucking kidding me, fuckhead? we “missed each other?”

sorry for all the swearing.