Friday, February 28

What Im about to say will prove I have been living in California for too long, and I need to move back the good ole’ states that pride themselves on hedonism and debauchery - I have started a de-tox program. It lasts for twelve days, im on day three. Its not too weird. There is a list of foods you can eat, you can’t eat anything not on the list, and you take a bunch of vitamins with meals. It flushes out your system right-good. I can kind of feel my body eating itself, it made me queasy for the first couple of days (directions said it would), but today I feel damn good. It’s intended to be a pre-curser to a life-style change: new diet, exercise program, quitting smoking, etc. For the past several months my entire family has become consumed by a new diet, and we all have had tremendous success. I’ve started to think it really is the one, and the de-tox is so closely aligned with it...it just made so much sense. the new diet thing (its not a diet! its a lifestyle change, i know i know) started with this article which, in retrospect, seems like hyperactive ranting (and was eventually rebutted by this article), but had the general idea correct . then along came the scientific american aritcle which sums it all up in an elegant, not-claiming-too-much, scientific american kind of way.